“Her blackness is fine, the blackness of her skin; the blackness of her mind.
Her beauty cannot be measured with standards of a colonized mind.”
Me’shell Ndegéocello. (via theangryblackwoman)
I love Me’shell Ndegéocello.
(Source: blklght, via cyborgxmermaid)
5:29 am • 9 December 2013 • 3,548 notes
pros of my job:
- good money
- see cool gift ideas
- everyone there is awful
- "mandatory overtime" when i have to work 50-60 hours a week and never have time to see my doctors who are like leaving me daily voicemails about how they’re concerned they haven’t heard from me
- shitty ass 15 minute breaks that are really just 5 minutes because the break room is so far
- and if i leave a minute early i get written up
- if i clock in even less than a minute late because everyone took their sweet damn time using the clock in scanner, i get written up
- everyone there is REALLY AWFUL
- i have to wear sweatpants all day bc working in jeans for 10 hours isn’t comfy. this is both a pro and a con for me.
5:28 am • 9 December 2013
i don’t wanna do anything
5:16 am • 9 December 2013
Passing for white and straight: How my looks hide my identity
I’m neither straight nor white, but I’m frequently mistaken for both — and it’s taught me a lot about privilege.
8:30 pm • 8 December 2013 • 105 notes
Secret Santa smells amazing and it looks like I’m bathing in Hi-C.
8:10 pm • 8 December 2013 • 2 notes